Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Is it too late for me to major in voice?

I'm 17 years old, and I have been singing in some fashion for most of
my life. I sang in a youth choir (2-3 part harmony) for five years,
church choir for 3, and I started private voice lessons this summer.
My voice is still developing, but at my first lesson, my teacher got
me up to a high C#. I still need a lot of work, but I've discovered I
love singing. I want to devote considerable study to it, and perhaps
even major in it. I'm going to college next year (fall 2012), and
obviously I've got to decide if I'm going to do auditions, etc. I
suppose I could always transfer in as well. Is it too late to
consider/prepare for auditions at a collegiate level? It probably is,
but since I've seen a few music teachers out here, I'd love to hear
input.

No comments:

Post a Comment